By booking an accommodation from Sven & Julia Hehl (hereinafter referred to as the provider or owner) you declare that you have read, understood and accept the following conditions. The following terms and conditions come into force:
1. Validity of these General Terms and Conditions
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to contracts for the rental provision of holiday apartments for accommodation as well as all other services and deliveries rendered by the provider for the guests. All services of the provider are provided exclusively on the basis of these General Terms and Conditions.
- The subletting of the holiday home as well as its use for other than residential purposes require the prior written consent of the provider.
- Any terms and conditions of the guests shall only apply if they have been agreed in advance. All deviations from the general terms and conditions of the provider are only effective if the provider has expressly confirmed them in writing.
2. Booking / Booking Confirmation
- Booking desires of the guests can be addressed over the reservation inquiry, over a reservation portal, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone under the number (+49)/(0)2573/6078640 to the contractor.
- With the reservation of an accommodation the customer obligatorily offers to the provider the conclusion of a lease contract for a holiday home for a fixed period of time. The contract is concluded when the written booking confirmation is sent.
- Special requests, which are transmitted with the registration, become valid only after written confirmation by the provider.
3. Terms of Payment / Payment
- With the booking confirmation we will send you an invoice for the total price of the accommodation. A deposit of 20% of the total price is due immediately and must be paid within 14 days of the invoice being sent.
- The balance of 80% of the total price must be received by us no later than 29 days before the first day of rental. A separate request for payment will not be issued.
- If the booking is made later than 29 days before the scheduled arrival date, the full rental price is due immediately after booking confirmation.
- Payments can be made by credit card, direct debit or bank transfer. If the preferred method of payment is "direct debit", the account holder authorizes the provider to collect all travel payments and other invoice amounts from the specified account. Transfers must be made to the following account quoting the reservation number:
Recipient: Sven Hehl
Bank: comdirect Bank
IBAN: DE44 2004 1144 0773 3249 00
Intended purpose: Reservation number
- In the case of payment by bank transfer, the customer shall bear all possible costs of the payment (e.g. bank transfer fees), in particular in the case of transfers from abroad.
4. Services / Arrival and Departure / Stay
- The owner is obliged to prepare the booked holiday home in compliance to the contract and to provide the agreed services. The holiday home is handed over by the owner in an orderly and clean condition with complete inventory. A handover protocol provides information on the condition and equipment of the holiday home at the time of delivery.
- The holiday home is usually available from 3:00 p.m. on the day of arrival. Please contact us up to 3 days before your arrival to arrange the exact time of handing over the keys. An earlier arrival is only possible after written confirmation by the provider.
- Should there be any defects (or occur during the rental period), the provider must be informed immediately. The tenant is liable for any damage caused by him to the rental property and the inventory (e.g. broken crockery, damage to the walls, furniture, etc.). In the event of lost keys, the tenant must bear the cost of replacing the cylinder lock. The tenant is also liable for all of his fellow travellers. The existence of a suitable liability insurance is recommended!
- On the day of departure the apartment must be left by 12:00 p. m. The provider reserves the right to charge a fee for later departure. The apartment must be left swept clean. Crockery, glasses, etc. must be cleaned and put away. The refrigerator must be emptied as well as the rubbish bins.
5. General Rights and Duties / House Rules
- The holiday home may only be used by the persons listed in the booking.
- The guest must treat the holiday home and its inventory with care. With the booking the guest declares that he has read the house rules completely and accepts them as binding.
- The guest is liable for independently inserted and/or attached objects (e.g. decorations, wall brackets, etc.) and indemnifies the provider from third-party claims. He is also obliged to compensate for damages resulting from the installation.
- The owner, his employees and all vicarious agents have the right to access the holiday home at any time, especially in the event of imminent danger. The guest's interests worthy of protection are to be taken into account appropriately when exercising the right of access. The provider will inform the guest in advance about the exercise of the right of access, unless this is unreasonable or impossible under the circumstances of the individual case.
- Withdrawal from the concluded accommodation contract can only be declared in writing.
- If the tenant withdraws from the contract, the provider can claim the following compensation:
Cancellation up to 57 days prior to the arrival date: 10% of the order value
Cancellation from 56 to 43 days prior to the arrival date: 20% of the order value
Cancellation from 42 to 29 days prior to the arrival date: 40% of the order value
Cancellation from 28 to 15 days prior to the arrival date: 60% of the order value
Cancellation from 14 to 3 days prior to the arrival date: 80% of the order value
Cancellation from 2 days before the arrival date or non-arrival: 100% of the order value
- A travel resignation cost insurance is recommended!
7. Termination by the Owner
- The owner may terminate the Accommodation Agreement without notice if the client fails to meet his payment obligations or fails to comply with the agreed contractual conditions.
- The owner may also terminate the Accommodation Agreement without notice if, despite a warning from the owner, his employees or the security staff, the tenants persistently disturb other guests and/or residents or disregard the house rules to such an extent that the immediate termination of the Rental Agreement is justified.
- If the owner cancels the lease for one of the above reasons, ...
(a) ... the tenant has no legal claim to repayment of the rental price;
(b) ... claims for indemnity of the tenant (e.g. costs for an earlier trip home or hotels etc.) against the owner are excluded.
- In the event of a cancellation by the owner before the start of the journey as a result of force majeure or other unpredictable circumstances (e.g. natural disasters, terrorist attack, revolution, etc.) which make the fulfilment of the contract impossible, the liability of the provider is limited to the reimbursement of accomodation expenses.
8. Liability of the Owner
- The owner is liable within the scope of the duty of care of a prudent businessman for the proper provision of the rental object. A liability for possible failures or disturbances in water or power supply as well as for occurring events and consequences due to force majeure is excluded.
- Also there isn't any liability in the event of burglary or theft. We therefore recommend that you take out luggage and travel accident insurance.
- In addition, the provider is not liable for service disruptions in connection with services which are merely brokered as external services.
9. Travel Documents
- The procurement of all necessary travel documents such as passports, visas or other required documents is the sole responsibility of the tenants.
- In the event that the tenant or one of his fellow travellers does not receive the necessary documents to start the journey or is not qualified to issue the relevant visas, the owner cannot be held responsible under any circumstances.
- The tenants are aware that the refusal of necessary documents by the authorities does not constitute sufficient grounds for a claim for reimbursement or withholding of booking prices.
10. Claims under the Accommodation Agreement
- Contractual warranty claims must be asserted in writing to the provider within one month of the contractually stipulated end of the journey.
- The assignment of claims to third parties is excluded.
- The invalidity of individual provisions of the rental contract, the general terms and conditions or the respective house rules shall not result in the invalidity of the entire contract.
- The place of jurisdiction for all legal actions against the owner is Steinfurt, Germany.
Last update: February 21, 2022
General terms and conditions as PDF file
To view this file you need Acrobat Reader from Adobe®. You can download and install it directly from the publisher by clicking on the foregoing link.